Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gluten Free Pineapple upside down cake

After getting to know about some of my friends, I've learned that they are gluten intolerant, so I have decided to bake a pineapple upside down cake using "Arrowhead Mills" Gluten Free Cake mix. First I started with the Pineapple mix, this time I use 2 x 20oz cans of Pineapple tidbits, 1 cup organic light brown sugar, ¼ cup spectrum organic canola oil ,1 Tbsp organic vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon cloves and nutmeg - drain the pineapple well then mix in sugar, oil, vanilla and spices, set aside and mix cake according to directions only add dash of same spices used in pineapple mix and replace water with 1 cup of goya coconut water

lets get baking, you should have preheated oven to 350°, I like to line the cake pan with parchment paper after greasing, spread pineapple mix evenly in a 9" x 13" cake pan then pour cake mix on top.      -Yes, it really is that easy.

I hope you enjoy this weather your gluten intolerant or not.

.MP

No comments:

Post a Comment